HOME Custom Design uses a Three(3) Phase Process when designing your new HOME.
During Phase 1, the Draftsman/Designer and the owner will define the house that will be designed during Phase 2 and Phase 3.
Phase One (1):
- Initial meeting with the owner to collect all existing information about the proposed house such as floor plans, sketches and ideas that the owner already has.
- Review of house requirements including size, number and type of rooms, style, number of stories, elevations, basement and garage requirements.
Phase Two (2):
- Using the owner’s provided details, the Draftsman/Designer will put together a simple main floor layout and have the owner review it, giving the owner the opportunity to adjust the main floor plan. After this initial layout, the owner will receive two opportunities to adjust the plan.
- After the main floor plan is finalized, the upper floor (if applicable) is laid out. The owner will receive the opportunity to review and adjust this plan twice.
- After the upper floor is finalized, the basement (if applicable) is laid out. The owner will receive the opportunity to review and adjust this plan twice.
- After the floor plans are finalized, the Draftsman/Designer will construct the elevations. The owner will receive two opportunities to review and adjust the elevations before the plans are finalized. ***
- As part of the final plans, the Contractor will develop an electrical plan including any specific wants or needs. A flooring layout will also be completed. **Please note, these are extras and not included in the base plan**
Phase Three (3):
- The last step is a plot plan. The owner will need to provide the property plat including bearing lines and dimensions. If applicable, the locations of well and septic will be located.
- Once the plans are finalized, the Draftsman/Designer will send the owner the plans for final approval. After receiving the Owner’s approval, the plans will be sent out to bid, if it is desired to bid with HOME Custom Design, otherwise the plans will be sent to the Owner for their use.
During each step of the drafting process, the Draftsman/Designer limits the sets of revisions to two (2). This allows the drafting team to efficiently deliver the plans in a timely manner. The Owner can make any number of changes with each revision. If additional sets of revisions are necessary, additional fees will be applicable.
Get in Touch
We are dedicated to giving you the best service possible. There is a reason why we are called the number one custom home builders in Idaho Falls, and soon enough you'll know why. Building quality homes is our specialty, and we look forward to working with you!